Monday 19 December 2011

Two Little Ducks, 22


It's been a while, hectic times all round! I flew back home on Saturday though and now having a lovely relax. Wonderful to have home cooked food, cosy house, tea/hot water bottles/food made for me! Spending my time in front of the fire with my lovely cat Fifa watching highlights from the Olympia horse show = perfect!

Last Friday (can't believe it was only a week-ish ago) some of my bessies from Uni (Ruth, Rach, Loren, Cam and also stowaway Michal!) flew over to Belfast to celebrate my 22nd with me. We had an awesome time!

Friday
I met them all at Europa bus station, and after some screaming and hugging we trekked back to my house. Had some lunch and a catch up then went into town, via a quick tour of my uni. Did a bit of shopping and pitstopped at Starbucks before heading on to the Continental Market for some german hotdog/hog roast/churros/mulled wine.

Loren and Rachel

Camilla and Michal

Ruth, Cam and Rach at Queen's

Ruth getting cosy at Topshop!!

Cam in disguise at Starbucks

Christmas tree loving in Victoria Square

German Sausage times!

Rach and Me dressed up for a night on the town

Saturday
My birthday! Lovely relaxed morning made complete with some present opening - felt very spoilt with lots of fab prezzies, thank you everyone! Then we had BREAKFAST CLUB - traditional birthday celebration from when we all used to be housemates. Loren, Ruth and Rach helped make pancakes, sausages, bacon, egg, toast, baked beans and a few tomatoes!

We then caught the train into Lisburn to LASER FORCE. Retro birthday times, Honor texted to remind me of the last time we went and Stuart entered his name as Sextus (still don't know why, something to do with Latin). Anyway had a GREAT time shooting 8 year olds, my team won and I was in the top 5 scorers ("yeoooo" as the Irish would say). Ruth tried to charm some freebies out of the laserforse man but he called her a psycho.

We hung out at Costa for a while, and I tried an expresso now that I'm All Grown Up. It wasn't bad. Ruth tried to subtley reassemble some failing Christmas decorations using a luggage sticker - noble but unsuccessful.

Then went on to Del Toro for some good food. Yum Yum. 

Finally got the train back and had some Northern Irish friends round, so was great to mingle the nationalities! Connor came and provided Elf, four tubs of Ben & Jerry's, and some flowers :) then Paul gave me a birthday pec dance and we played the cardboard box game.

Me and Rach at PJ o'clock

Lappy time - thanks for all the FB bday messages!

Present times! I look like a blind mole rat in the mornings.

Breakfast Prep!

Birthday Breakfast Club!

Ruth's personal bday dance for me :)

Station photoshoot


Ruth fixing Christmas.. without success

Rach, Cam and Lozzy smiley

Del Toro


Fish Pout!

Mi, Me and Ruthy

Eyebrow Exercise

Sticky Toffee goodness

Specially requested Eton Mess!

WE <3 LISBURN WOOO

Squinting like the letter B...

Dual nationality evening

GOOD NEWS! I saw a dog today

Roses and Ragu!

Sunday
Bit of a rushed morning to Church then on to AJ's for lunch. Connor and I both drove (using his and Grace's car) so had a mad rush of a convoy but it was fun! Then off to the airport for goodbyes :( Rach was flying from Dublin later that night so we went back to the Mcaleer house where she got sexually ravaged by Max the Dog. Then packed her off on the coach - more sad times!

Lunch Dinner Diner

Thankyou all for coming and giving me such a great birthday weekend! Looking forward to seeing you again at New Years.
Hope everyone is enjoying the run-up to Christmas. Remember, it's meant to be about joy and peace not stress! (Easier said than done I know!)
Less than a week to go!
X

1 comment:

  1. You look like you had an amazing time!!!
    Well jel about Laserforce.. They will soon be extinct.X

    ReplyDelete