Thursday 10 May 2012

Wee Cuppa.

So I kind of realised recently that I haven't blogged about life in Belfast enough really. I love hearing about different places from the people who live there. I guess because I'd been to Belfast quite a lot over the two years C and I were long distance, it wasn't so brand spanking new for me to live here, and I already knew the city a bit. But I started thinking and I thought I would share with you some of my favourite Belfast cafes! I love a good cafe, and I think these are the places you start to "live" in in a city, and how you start to befriend a place. 

Often these cafe trips are slightly guilty due to my need to save my pennies.. but you can't beat a nice lunch or brew with friends!

The Black Bear Cafe

This is a new place opposite the city Museum. It's small but really quite nice, lovely big chunky tables and artwork on the walls, plus proper homemade food. OK, so pretty much every time I've been there they've messed up something in the order.. but I can't help but give them a 2nd (or 3rd, or 4th..) chance to prove themselves. They are new here (like me!) afterall!

Always a good sandwich and soup deal at The BB

Common Grounds Cafe

OK, I love this place - largely because it's all fairtrade and homemade! Nicely done out and yummy food. Get yourself there.


Cafe Conor

Bit of an upmarket venue, so I've only ever splashed out for a coffee. But it's lovely inside, decorated in the style of Penguin books! 


Maggie Mays

Simply the best greasy spoon in town.. and their milkshakes hit the spot on a hot day. 


Sinnamon

If you want a nice sofa and maybe even a traybake this is the place to go.


And finally, there is one cafe I have not ventured to yet but am very keen to try.. it's featured in visitor guides and Marie Clare magazines. Anyone fancy a coffee date here?!


By the way I've been talking to various people recently about Starbucks new forced "friendliness" re: asking your name every time you go in. I do like Starbucks, but it just feels fake. You're a massive, corporate company, not the hipster little local cafe. You ain't foolin no one mate.


2 comments:

  1. Cafe Conor is my favourite - love love love.
    Have you ever tried the 3 Bears Cafe?! Not sure if it even still exists but had a lovely sandwich last time I was in and I thoroughly enjoyed being stuck in a 70s timewarp re.decor.

    http://www.viewbelfast.co.uk/restaurants/three-bears-info-40816.html

    ReplyDelete