Tuesday 22 May 2012

Arty Tuesdays: Colour

For a while now I've been planning on giving my blog a bit more substance, rather than just blabbering on about my little life all the time. A lot of the blogs I enjoy are about design/DIY/creativity. I have lots of artsy people in my family and it's definitely in my genes. Art was one of my best subjects at school and I did half expect to go down that route in life. But the way it was taught at school just made me sick to death of it, and I kind of thought I'd like to keep it as a hobby rather than a chore, and get a "proper" degree under my belt. I don't do a whole lot of drawing nowadays, but I'm trying to get inspired again. So I hope to make 'Arty Tuesdays' a regular feature!

With Summer coming, I am loving all the colour that is coming back into life at the moment. It's good to see green back on the trees and yellow in the sky! So I thought I'd theme this Tuesday 'colour'. Hope it brightens your day!


Andrew McGibbon
Beautiful, crazy, messy photography!


Gabriel Moreno
I love the mix of black and white and colour, and the more neutral tones against the brighter ones


Gabriel Moreno
Seems like the colour is leaking out of her skin


Marumiyan
Lovely tones. And I love a detailed picture like this.


Marumiyan
The white space left blank makes this picture for me


Nielly Françoise
I've never been great at big bold paintings, these big  fat brush strokes make me wish I was!


Alice X Zhang
This is just stunning. Love the mix of blurriness against the accurate facial detail


Tilt
This makes my head hurt a little but I couldn't not put it in. I really like the perfectly clean line between the two.

Zach Johnsen
I feel ya Zach! Let out a bit of colour when life gets mundane!


Zach Johnsen
Liking the splashes of colour with the tie and coffee on this one


Zach Johnsen
Nice composition

Which do you like best?
J x

No comments:

Post a Comment