Monday 14 May 2012

Poppadom'o'clock

Do you remember Common Grounds I spoke about in my last post? This weekend I headed there with friends for a bollywood night! We got some delicious curry and a lesson in bollywood dance all for £7!


The proceeds of the night went towards building a baby rescue centre in India. The dowry system and other factors over there mean that daughters are generally unwanted by families, and this leads to 7,000 baby girls being killed every day in India, often through being poisoned or buried alive. For more about this see here (also check this book out, I mentioned it in a blog a while ago but it's a good read on this subject globally).

The bollywood dancing was GREAT, I've been trying to find a good youtube demo vid so you can all learn it too! Sadly I'm struggling, but you can at least enjoy the song we danced to. JAI HO!


No comments:

Post a Comment