Wednesday 7 December 2011

A Covert Christmas

Finally we can talk about it in the open! 
It's Christmas time (Mistletoe and Wine...)
Probably my favourite music video of almost all time:



Well, the tree is up in the Coolfin household, it is very beautiful, although most of the praise should be directed here! We had to do an emergency late-night Tesco run for a second batch of fairy lights, but it was worth it, I'm preeeetty sure the whole street is quite jealous.


Fully dosed up on Christmas spirit I took the train down to Dublin on the 1st Dec. Bit of an adventure involving a 1/2 hour walk, 2 hour train journey and a couple of trams! I do like a bit of travel though, accompanied by such classics as 'Sail Away' (Acoustic Version). Have you ever noticed how all songs to do with travel are really sad? I quite enjoy a good adventure, especially on the train.

Connor met me on his lunch break and let me into his flat (he has been on placement down there during the week since about July). I had come armed with all my top-secret Elf supplies so a little festive decoration ensued, and in no time Operation Covert Christmas was complete! So much stealth it's unreal.

In true student style a 90p Tree! Isn't it cute?





Found this in a charity shop for 50p! Perfect for bathroom festivities!




Christmas scented candle - soak up that festive cheer!

A few homemade flapjacks, lots of oats and dried fruit for winter fuel energy!

Operation complete, I love making surprises! 
Conzo deserves it, he has been working very hard on his own down in 'normal' Ireland and spending his weekends doing degree level maths, very proud.
PDA over.
After some meatballs (not just any meatballs - M&S meatballs) avec side salad et shloer we went into Dublin city for a dander around, admiring all the prettzy sparkley lights!


Stopped at Arnotts for some Coff and Carrot(?) cake


Then came home and cracked out some melted choc with some homemade profiteroles. First time I'd tried making them (from my Granny Bab's recipe, passed down through the generations!) and they were yumm-ee (can't go far wrong with cream and chocolate though)


Lovely times! 
Anyway can't believe how sneakily quickly Christmas has been creeping in, it is almost as stealthy as me.
I literally haven't bought one Christmas present yet. Although I went to Starbucks tonight with my lovely friend Ruth and tried the Eggnog Latte - not bad though Toffee Nut still the one to beat.

Looking forward to seeing four wonderful English faces this weekend! :)

Peace bro's XX

1 comment: