Tuesday 20 December 2011

Christmas in... Dublin

So, as mentioned a few posts ago, I travelled down to Dublin recently and had a sojourn around the city with the Boy. Although I think we missed all the interesting markets (they'd packed up for the night) there was still a good bit of Christmas spirit in the air, and lots of lights

I presume this means Merry Christmas or similar in Irish!

Pretty lights - makes a change from tacky light up Santas!

Lit up trees outside Trinity College

Big Christmas tree display made up of lit up spheres

OK, I nicked this pic, but it shows it much more clearly!

Busy, busy, busy

I find it quite an odd experience being in Ireland. In some ways there is a lot the same as the UK - same shops etc. But it also feels very foreign - everything written with Irish and English translations, and the use of Euros are probably the biggest changes. Also, if you want to buy an English produced magazine they seem to cost twice as much!

It's fun to visit somewhere foreign for Christmas though. I would love to go to Austria or Switzerland or the Alps sometime and stay in a Chalet for Christmas! Probably have to get myself a wage first.

Where would you like to spend Christmas for a change?
X

No comments:

Post a Comment