Wednesday 21 December 2011

Christmas in... Belfast

The first point I want to make is that Christmas in Belfast is very, very COLD! It is NORTHern Ireland after all, and is about level with Scotland. I forgot how much colder it is in comparison to England until my English friends came over and had a bit of a shock!  We were already getting a little bit of snow by the time I left in mid-December, and I have experienced blizzards there before. Although it doesn't settle so much in the city itself, you can still see the snow-capped mountains from Belfast, I love it!

One of the biggest Christmas attractions is the Continental  Market which is set up next to the City Hall (where the recent MTV awards were!). It holds food from all over the world (Kangaroo burger anyone?), loads of eatables, genuine foreign people and a few nice crafty stores (but some tacky ones as well...). 

Taken about 5 minutes from my house


City Hall and Market

City Christmas Tree!


All sorts of weird and wonderful food...


Victoria Square Shopping Centre all dolled up!



Taken from Connor's house, out in the rural land!


The Belfast Christmas Fairy LOL!
This was Melissa in her blow-up ballerina costume for the Youth Christmas Party
Beautiful.

I'm looking forward to having a snowy Jan/Feb over there hopefully, and making use of the sledge! Wishing all my NI friends a very happy Christmas!
X

2 comments: