Saturday 9 June 2012

Made In Belfast

So my masters course is coming to an end - just tonight I finished my last bit of coursework (EIA & SEA Law: delightful!). On Thursday I leave for England, and on the 20th I'm Africa bound. It's hard to believe it's come up so fast! 

Connor and I had a nice semi-celebration/temporary-farewell meal out on Friday at a place I've been dying to get to - 'Made In Belfast'. Bit of a hipster hang-out with quirky decor and great food ethics (local, organic, free range.. just my cup of tea!). 

There are two restaurants, we went to the City Hall one. I wore my new dress, which I love because 1) It's nice and 2) It was meant to be £31 but we took it to the till and found out it had an unmarked discount - down to £15 (and even less with student discount). Win! 


Starter

Red Onion & Goat's Cheese Focaccia, Basil Pesto, Aioli [posher/nicer version of mayonnaise] & Oil

Delicious, and a perfect portion amount. BTW, I copied these dish descriptions from the website.. just to avoid appearing too pretentious...


Mains

C: 8oz beef burger, Fivemiletown Cheddar, sunblushed tomotoes, basil and walnut pesto, salad, and beef fat chips


J: Lissara confit of duck with skinny fries and fennel, orange and hazelnut salad with a honey and mustard dressing

Seemed like quite an odd mix of flavours, but it was really great.
 

Dessert

C: White chocolate & raspberry choc pot, popping candy & raspberry sorbet
J: Banoffee Pie

Both quite nice but too sweet to finish. 


Overall, I would say it's one of my favourite restaurants!

Final Scores

J: 8.5 [slight reduction for less impressive desserts]
C: 7.5 [0.5 reduction due to long wait for bill]

By the way, do you like my nails?! No.7 Pearly Pink adding a little sparkle to a regular french mani! 


No comments:

Post a Comment