Friday 20 April 2012

Hooray, Hooray, it's a Holi-Holiday!


Two weeks have been spent galavanting in the Land of Hope and Glory, oft referred to as England. Seeing friends gets more complicated when employment steps in, not everyone gets the luxury of a three week break (oh how I will miss being a student!) so I didn't get to see all the faces I would have liked to, but the ones I did see were delightful. Besides coursework I allotted some holidaying hours to easter egg hunts, a life drawing class, a sewing machine, a visit to Jane Austen's house, walks in the English countryside etc (gosh, don't I sound wholesome). Also went back to my home church and my RDA group so that was great.

I also had a couple of daytrips to London, one with Loren for shopping and fun, and one with fam for theatre and cuisine. I love the Big L, I really hope to live there one day, it's just so big and varied and exciting and buzzing and everything else.

So trip #1 we went "shopping" in Libertys, though it was more of a sight seeing trip at those prices! Not sure I've ever seen so many beautiful things stuffed into such a beautiful space!

Textiles department at Libertys

Libertys

UK biscuit cutter!

Lozzy + Piggy

We headed to China town for Lunch, in a relatively authentic little restaurant with a big wooden door you had to knock on to get in! We had dim sum dumplings and bubble tea. The dumplings were nice, the tea was... an experience. It was orange, tasted like cold coffee.. but not as nice. And had little black squidgey balls of tapioca blobbing about in it. 

Oh hai China!

Bubble tea

There was a genuinely scary animatronic croc in the Rainforest Cafe Shop. Had Lake Placid flashbacks.


London Take 2 occurred the following day and involved the fam, although I had a fleeting meet up with Kasim* at Covent Garden. It was Mum and Dads 25th wedding ann, so had a meal at Little Sicily and then saw Les Mis - which far exceeded my expectations. Amazing!

*Everyone cheer Kasim on at the London Marathon this weekend!!

My starter.. rocket, walnuts, cheese, beet

I dreamed a dream....

This prev Thursday signaled the Return of the Fox to NI, it's sad to leave yet good to be back at the same time!


No comments:

Post a Comment